Tuesday, October 06, 2026

Slow Stitching - trivet featuring green leaves on black felted wool

For this trivet I started with scraps of black felted woolen coat.  I pieced the first side which created a diamond shape of gray.  I butt the two pieces together and whip stitched them together nice and tight with coordinating cotton embroidery thread.  I stitched a wool sage leaf die cut within the diamond shape using coordinating cotton embroidery thread using a fine blanket stitch and added details in the leaf using running stitch.  For the other side I added a line of chain stitching on the left and a small wool leaf die cut in the same sage colour in the opposite corner using blanket stitch.  I added details in running stitch on this one as well.  I used two rows of running stitch one over the other to get a solid line of stitching using black embroidery thread.  I added a hanger of black cotton cording to finish it off.  I have several cut and will keep working on those.  Therese



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments