Another trivet!! For this one I cut two 6" squares - one from light blue felted sweater and the other from a warm dark blue felted woven wool fabric. I added a die cut flower on each piece - dark blue (felted) on the light blue and a red (light weight) on the dark blue. Added yellow cotton below the center of each of them and stitched them into place then stab stitched the outer edge and then added longer stitches to each petal to add texture. I used yellow embroidery thread to stitch them together using a line of wonky stab stitches. I added a hanger made from black cotton cording to finish it off. It can be hung as art and then also used to protect a surface from heat (pie or tea pot) or from wear from a vase of flowers, a candle or piece of sculpture. Therese


No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave your comments