Contact me

▼

Wednesday, September 30, 2026

September Card Club - Card #1 - faux shutter with serendipity elements


 It was great to see my friends again after a busy summer and we had a new person join us which made it all the better!!
For our first card we made faux shutter cards.  The shutter is a square with the corners cut out and then the flaps trimmed into triangles.  The flaps are folded down to create the faux shutter.  For the first one I left the flaps on the outside on the second I tucked them in.  Everyone decided which one they liked best and made it that way. We put 3D foam tape under the largest part to give the shutter dimension.  Our central elements were serendipity elements which I found in my stash.  They worked very well!  We embossed our neutral backgrounds added some paper piercing and mounted them on coordinating cardstock.  It was nice to be doing a new to us technique.  Therese 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments