Contact me

Tuesday, September 22, 2026

Slow Stitching - wool trivet with a maple leaf and a diamond design

Another wool trivet - part of a project which I have been working on for a while.  This one combined and brown felted wool square (7") to which I slow stitched a orang maple leaf die cut.  I used small stab stitched around the outer edge using coordinating cotton embroidery floss and then added some running stitch inside the leaf to simulate the veins.  For the other side I used felted wool which I had to join.  I stitched the two pieces together butted cut edge to cut edge and then added a strip of camel light weight wool with turned over edges with running stitch to cover the butt joint I had stitched.  I stitched down both ends as well to prevent any fraying.  I laid these back to back and ran a double row of running stitch all the way round filling in the gaps on my second go around.  I added a cotton cording hanger to allow it to be hung as art while it is in the wings waiting to protect a surface from the heat of a hot dish or tea pot OR from a vase, candle or sculpture.  Therese


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments