Monday, March 26, 2007

For this month's cardmaking session I was exploring folds and shapes!! This card is a variation of the one we made at my SU party. It has a triangular base instead of a rectangular one!! In the process of designing this one I had to come up with a solution to keeping the pop up part of the card - popped up!! In the rectangular based one the paper on both sides of the slit grabs the pop up and keeps it from sliding back into the base. With the triangular base there is less pressure so I ended up adding a staple at the place I wanted the pop up to stay. The back catches the staple's little bumps and the front hides the front of the staple! It was so effective and the group enjoyed the different option for the base! I just love this Terrific Tulip set (retired) from SU. Made these cards in a lot of different colours. They are a great way to herald in the spring or to celebrate Easter!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments