Sunday, November 23, 2008

My Art - Christmas cards

A Queen Anne's Lace snowflake!! I picked more QAL this summer and pressed them for making Christmas cards. I just love creating with this soft green colour. I cut the layered scalloped circles with my Nestabilities and my Cuttlebug machine. There is a double layer of acetate that protects the QAL which is attached to the back layer with a tiny piece of double sided tape. There is an ivory layer that I cut at the same time as the front on the inside that hides all the layers and acetate. The outside of the card is stamped with a multi snowflake stamp(Michaels $1.50) in soft green ink. The scalloped circle that I cut out of the front ivory layer I stamped with a large snowflake in the same green ink and glued to the inside of the card so when the card is closed you can see it through the window. I used Bowtique ribbon (last year's supply) of the ribbon and layered my stamped greeting onto a darker green oval and applied it with 3D foam tape.

Love the natural feel of this card and it is really different as a Christmas card!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments