Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Cardmaking - transparency flowers

I thought this would be a great spring or Easter card!! I printed the flower photo on the back side of a transparency in reverse so it would look right from the front. We made four different ones!! Easily printed four to a page on 8.5"x 11" transparencies. The trimmed transparency is glued to the layer of decorative paper which is just a bit larger with SMALL pieces of double sided tape in very dark areas so they would not show on the front. This is layered onto a white card. The decorative paper is some that I have created with acrylic paint on white bond paper. Always gives you a unique and interesting look. I added a strip of cardstock which I embellished with scallop scissors and holes (use a push pin and a cushy surface). I added the silk flower with a punchie and brad through all the layers to ensure that everything was secure. I always add a white insert so my cards can easily be refurbished and reused.

I wish you all a wonderful weekend and Easter!! We had snow last night but it will soon be gone as the sun comes out and stays til the middle of next week!! The tulips are up and living things are popping up everywhere!! The Earth offers us hope at this time of the year!! May we take it to heart and value the life we have been given and give back to the Earth in some way!!
Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments