Saturday, December 17, 2011

Baby cards!

I have been busy for the last few days making receiving blankets and burp  cloths for my daughter on occasion of the arrival of our newest grandson. My niece also had a baby at the beginning of December so I decided to make a few cards for each of them using the scraps of flannelette I had leftover.
For the top one, I sewed a piece of yellow handmade paper onto dark brown cardstock with a strip of polka dot fabric placed in between which I then tied with brown embroidery floss to simulate a bow. The little patchwork horse is a digital image from Beccy's.   I coloured it in appropriate colours, trimmed it with scallop decorative scissors and pierced each scallop using a push pin on an old mouse pad.  Used 3D foam tape to adhere it to the card front overlapping the fabric strip.
For the lower one, I sewed a piece of fabric overlaid with some brown rick rack to dark brown cardstock.  I tucked the ends of the rick rack inside the card and secured them with double sided tape.  Coloured and embellished my image and secured it to the card front with 3D foam tape.
The cards will make perfect Thank you cards!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments