Monday, June 15, 2015

Chunky book page - Purple & Grace

In the last few days I have managed to finish my 4" x 4" chunky book page with the themes of purple and grace.    I statred with an embossed white cardstock square which I overlaid with the purple gauzy fabric with swirls.  I used double sided tape on the back to keep it in place. I back this with a 4" square of purple cardstock.  I stamped a vellum overlay using two different rubber stamp alphabets.  Grace was stamped in purple and embossed with Pastel embossing powder.  It is a bit of a grungy font but the embossing powder softened its look. I used my Making Memories magnetic alphabet stamps to finish the quote and added a bit of stippling in purple ink.  I trimmed the sides of the vellum to just cover the page and the two ends so I could fold them over the top and bottom.  I added some short ribbon flags in several colours between the vellum and the page on the right hand side and then stitched them all into place using purple thread in my sewing machine.  I went very slowly as the sandwich was quite thick.  I added a little plastic butterfly charm using a large glue dot and added my credits to the back.  Love the look of grace!!
It is off to my partner in tomorrow's mail.

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments