Monday, October 15, 2018

Sympathy card that features a small font greeting, a poppy image and a tag


This sympathy card features a wax resist background with some stamped green flourishes (SU) which I made up a while back.  I tore the paper, punched a hole as far up as I could from the bottom using my Modern Label punch (SU) and then adhered the two pieces to the front of a gray green card.  The laser printed digital poppy image is from Calico Collage and was layered onto a gray green cardstock.  The end of the rectangle was not even so I inserted the one end into one of my Deco Label Thinlits and just cut far enough to trim the edge of it to create a tag!  Nice to be able to use tools in a variety of ways!  I punched a hole in the rounded end and tied on a short end of red fiber.  I mounted this focal element to the front of my card over the gap in the decorative paper using 3D foam tape and I also mounted a small font greeting in the opening that I punched which I sponged just a little to softened the edges.    Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments