Thursday, June 11, 2020

Crumb squares - a double set of rainbow squares and two brown ones


I have finished up a few more crumb squares.  It has taken several weeks working on and off to get them done but they are totally fun to make!!!  I simply pull out a large ziploc of scraps and use what is there to make up squares.  Here is a tutorial if you are new to Crumb Quilting.  I have a bag for each colour and so the supplies are all right at hand.  
I have made up two of each colour - brown, green, blue, purple, red, orange and yellow.  Not sure how they will be incorporated into quilts but I am swapping 10"crumb square for scraps with my sister, Sylvia so some will likely end up in her quilts.  
I will be making some other colours - peach, teal, brights, black with colour, golden yellow, etc.  I may do some exploring on line and see about incorporating many colours into one square. I am sure there are some that are doing that as well.  Might be easier to incorporate into a quilt that way.  We shall see!!

Therese







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments