Saturday, November 14, 2020

A birthday card featuring layers, a cute little digital greeting and beautiful fabric ribbon

For this birthday card I started with the pink card and then found the flourished decorative paper.  While digging in my stash for my last card I found this beautiful fabric ribbon which I auditioned in quite a few ways on this paper until I came upon this arrangement.  After trimming to both to size I adhered the ends to the decorative paper over the blue which just peeks out from the top and bottom.  Really like how that worked out.  I did a custom edging on the greeting using a Cuttlebug tag die.  I trimmed my greeting to the width of the tag and then I laid my cutting plate to just cut 1/8" on the left hand edge and then did the same on the right hand side to give me two slots and the nice rounded corners of the tag.  Fun!!  I watercoloured the butterfly kisses greeting (Melonheadz) and added clear glitter with a gel pen. I gave it an interesting background using a  pink decorative label punchie in pink and adding vellum half circles (1") to each end to create some contrast and texture.   I strung this embellished greeting on white ribbon and added that to the top fabric ribbon and then tied on a short piece using a single knot to simulate a bow.  After adjusting the greeting on the ribbon I secured it in place with two small pieces of 3D foam tape.  I really like how this one turned out!!!    Therese
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments