Sunday, November 08, 2020

Tree quilt with leaves

I worked on a quilt top today which turned out exactly as I had imagined.  I used some neutral oatmeal coloured fabric for the background and stitched in three lengths from my roll of stitched 2.5" pieces.  It took a while for me to figure out how I would angle the trees in the fabric.  In the end I stitched my background and cut it apart in order to insert the "trees" -  a strip of stitched pieces.  Worked very well!!  Next, I cut out 36 little green leaves from scrap fabric.  These will be slow stitched in place along the trunks of the trees.  I may consider some slow stitching to the background as well once I finish the leaves.  We shall see!!  It does look a little plain right now.  Once that is finished I will complete the quilt with a batting, backing and binding!!  Likely will be a while before it it done but that is the nature of quilting with slow stitching!! I really like the look and feel of stitching on my quilts.  Therese
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments