Sunday, January 31, 2021

Large all occasion cards featuring butterfly punchies, decorative paper, sanded white core cardstock and some foil

I am still making large cards for donation.  I am using white cardstock to create cards to fit in large envelopes from my stash.  

For the top card, I used a piece of polka dot green paper which coordinated with the green in the brown/pink floral paper.  The brown floral is cut to 4" x 4" and the green just a bit larger.  I embossed a rectangle of the coral white core paper with a floral embossing folder (CB) and sanded it and then layered on a rectangle of foil/cardstock from which I had punched (SU) a 1.75" opening.  I stamped a brown butterfly (SU), punched it out (SU) and then tied on heavyweight tan thread to the center to create the body and antennae. I mounted the butterfly using double sided tape only in the center which allows the wings to be opened up.  I mounted this focal element to my card front using 3D foam tape.  

For the bottom card I did pretty much the same thing.  I used a letters embossing folder for the coral white core cardstock, a green stamped butterfly with brown thread for the body and antennae, a full piece of green paper with a 4" x 4" of brown floral paper and changed up the orientation from left to right.        Therese



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments