Thursday, February 18, 2021

A camping themed birthday card including a cute little tent, some watercolour and some layered papers

Our oldest grandson is having a birthday soon and he & his brother will be celebrating together with a camping theme.  I found some excellent images on Pixabay and this is one of them.  I laser printed it on white cardstock and watercoloured it.  I traced a spool for the sun with a pencil before I started colouring.  I did it first and let dry a bit before I did the rest - the sky, trees in the background, grass and a bit of brown in the foreground for a road.  I added a layer of gray brown and black decorative paper and used black watercolour to connect the two with common elements.  I created a brown card to fit in an envelope from my stash.  I added a brown decorative paper and then my large camping site image.  I added a torn distressed paper on the bottom and trimmed it to the edge of the card on both sides.  The greeting is a laser printed font which I colour washed to coordinate and added to the lower section along with a paper punched button to which I had added brown thread.  Happy with how it all came together!!
Therese
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments