Sunday, March 28, 2021

Easter card featuring a striped background, a bouquet of flowers on vellum and silver cording

Another Easter card for my stash.  I started with a yellow card that coordinated with my muted striped background.  I watercoloured my floral (Beccy's Place) vellum image from the back and added to to a white rectangle once it was dry using some glue very gently applied to the back of the painted areas.  I added a silver cord across two opposite corners and tied a bow.  I add a tidy dot of white glue to ensure the bow did not come loose.  I mounted this focal element to my card using 3D foam tape.  Having now had sometime to think about this card I remember that I have used chalk in the past to colour vellum because water causes it to buckle.     Therese

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments