Monday, April 26, 2021

Scrap & Bean - cards for seniors - with ATCs from my stash


 I heard from my sister, Sylvia, that Scrap and Bean (scrapbooking store) is looking for hand made cards for seniors which they will be distributing in June.  So I decided to see what I could get made before I see her next. 
I made these up with ATCs which I made/traded years ago now.  These little creations are too good to toss so I decided to see how many I could make cards with.  
1.  This ATC is a swapped one and features a rose.  I simply added a silver vellum overlay on a green card and added the ATC over than.  A little "Thinking of you" (font and laser printed) greeting pinched out with the Window punch (SU) and layered onto a Modern Label (SU) punchie in red and mounted with 3D foam tape.
2.  This is one of my ATC which features embossed metal with a bit of marker on the flowers.  I simply added a black thread tie.  I mounted it on a rescued background which I stamped with a little script greeting (SeeD).  I mounted this large piece onto a coordinating purple card front.
3.  This ATC is a traded one which features an alcohol ink background and stamped quote from Shakespeare about music being the food of love.  I used a light green card to coordinate with the colours in the background and embellished a piece of sheet music with watercolour and some heart stamping (SU).  I adhered the back to my card, added the ATC and then mounted two hearts with 3D foam tape.  The top heart has been embellished with glitter pen and three little pink rhinestones and the little bottom heart has been left plain.  

4.  This is one of my ATCs which again features embossed foil with a bit of a twist.  This one was created by creating a textured piece and then adding foil tape over it and really burnishing it to reveal the texture.  I added "riend" to the right of the large F using a wooden skewer before mounting it to my card front which featured a yellow and purple background (colour printed digital - Morgue File) adhered to a yellow card front.  I added a stamped greeting (SU) which I colour washed to coordinate and then mounted with 3D foam tape.  
5.  A traded ATC which features a cute little fish in a gold foil frame.  I added a greeting "there's only one you" which I colour washed to coordinate.  I mounted it onto my card with 3D foam tape.  The background on my card is a one created with plastic wrap and watercolour a while back.  It is mounted on a blue card.  
6.  This is one of my ATCs which features a framed gentleman on a piece of embossed metal foil tape which was embellished with pink transparent acrylic paint.  The quote was added around the edge using a glitter gel pen and talks about people being primary numbers and therefore quite unique.  I mounted my coordinating pink paste paper background to a black card and mounted my ATC with 3D foam tape.  To finish it off I stamped the greeting (SU) with black ink.  
I have quite a few cards ready to go which have been refurbished from ones sent to me in swaps, exchanges and donations given to me to reuse.  
Therese


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments