Friday, June 25, 2021

Anniversary card featuring a white fabric collage background and a stitched heart


 This card was created with a third piece of the white fabric collage I made a while back.  I hand cut a heart from some beautiful fabric and stitched it to my white collage background using all over stitching after I had gone all around the edge.  I used coordinating thread and then decided to add a row of green decorative stitching around the edge. It did not show up as much as I would have like.  I created a layered button to add to my heart.  I started with a red circle to which I added a gold embossed border.  I added a green circle which I over stamped with little bubbles.  Next, I added a brown heart and tied them all together with gold cording.  I stitched this large element to a piece of scrapbook paper uisng dark red thread which framed my piece nicely.  I adhered this large piece to an off white card front.  For my greeting, I stamped "Happy Anniversary" (SU) on a strip of kraft cardstock in brown, trimmed one end with a tag die to get a nice scalloped design with a hole in it.  I flagged the other ends and then ran my pattern tracing wheel on all the straight edges.  I tied on a piece of gold embroidery thread and tied a knot then slipped the greeting over the button.  I used a small piece of double sided tape to hold the greeting from moving.    Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments