Wednesday, June 02, 2021

Father's Day card featuring stitched fabric paper background and stitched leather leaf


 I have been working on Father's Day cards.  I need an extra this year because I son became a Dad late last year!!  For this one, I started with a large ivory card that fit in a large envelope from my stash.  I trimmed a piece of stitched fabric paper which I made a while back.  The beige strip is some kraft paper twine which I unwound and glued in place folding the ends to the back.  I added yellow stitching to the leather leaf using my sewing machine and used double sided taper to adhere it to my background.   I adhered this large element to my card front.  I colour washed my font greeting after I trimmed it to size and passed my pattern tracing wheel along all four edges before adhering it to my card using 3D foam tape.  
Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments