Friday, July 02, 2021

Exchange cards featuring cool light bulbs and fabric paper backgrounds

These are my two cards for my exchange partner for this month.  I have seen quite a few cards online with light bulbs and when I found a great image on Beyond The Fringe Crafts I downloaded and used it for these cards.  I sized the images for large cards and printed them on white cardstock.  I fussy cut them, watercoloured them and the bulbs a coat of clear dimensional paint.  I used two larger kraft cards which have coordinating envelopes for my card bases.  I added some fabric paper which I had on my desk since creating cards for Father's Day.  I added embossed borders to each of them - one on the bottom and a rick rack border to the other one.  I added a row of machine stitching to the edges and then mounted them to my card fronts.  Once they were dry, I added the light bulbs with 3D foam tape.  I did add some words to the digital I downloaded. There are so many great saying out there so I just chose two that spoke to me.  They are on their way to my partners in this week's mail.  Therese

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments