Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Slow Stitching - Houses quilt top

I have finally finished the quilt top around my Slow Stitching - Houses.  I had set aside the fabric for this quilt top a while back and was pleased to find that when I took out the little pile of fabric it made sense.  I had quite a few strips of fabric - 42" in there and also quite a few that needed to be pieced.  I started by stitching together all the strips that needed stitching including the two with little strips, the long strips, the blue blocks and the triangles.  Once I had the strips finished I worked on the layout.  I framed the houses with six strips of the same fabrics above and below.  I really like how the sky pops against the black strip.  I was fortunate to have enough long strips to be able to place one in between all of the stitched strips.  The stitching of the strips went well and I was very happy to have everything line up reasonably.  I did add two strips to either side of my houses to make sure I did not lose too much when I did the binding.  After the stitching I trimmed it to size - 41.5" x 64".  I will be adding a batting, backing and binding for finish it off.  The fabric for this quilt all came from a grab bag of fabric I purchased from a quilter who was liquidating her scraps.  I sorted them all by colour which allowed me to choose all similar colours for this quilt top.  Some of the stiching had already been done - the little strips were stitched four together and the larger strips were two together and a longer piece which I cut into three and added other strips in between.  It is so nice to have this slow stitched piece in a quilt top.  

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments