Monday, August 30, 2021

Tunnel card featuring a large greeting on a tag, some ribbon and an embossed circle

For my sixth card I went with this wonderful brown paper that has rust on the back and dark brown for my tunnel.  You can check out my first card here.  Once I trimmed my card and tunnel I cut a large circle opening on the center fold of my tunnel to echo the circles and dots on the front.  I stamped my greeting (SU) on the inside of my card in black and then found a dotted circle frame (SU) which I stamped generationally on both the inside of my card and the outside of my tunnel.  I embossed the circle I had cut from the tunnel with a birthday embossing folder (CB) then cut it in half.  I decided on this large greeting from my stash (Desert Diva).  I toned down the white with an ivory stamp pad, added two little gold corners and then mounted it to a layer of embossed brown cardstock (Scripty - SU) which I had torn across the bottom.  The ivory tag is from my desk from when I was making these school bus cards).  I stamped it with some little circles in two different brown inks, added a bit of water to get the colours to bleed and then used the pads on the edges as well.  I mounted my greeting to the tag using 3D foam tape and then added a glittery brad which I toned down in colour using a dark brown Sharpie marker.  I added a length of ivory gros grain ribbon to the left hand side of my card using double sided tape.  I mounted the embossed half circles to the tag then mounted this large element to my card front so the brad would overlap the ribbon.  Worked out very well!!       Therese



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments