Sunday, October 31, 2021

Sympathy card featuring a photo of a majestic tree, ribbon and decorative paper


 I started with a large envelope and made a dark green card to fit inside.  I added the decorative paper and added the two green embossed strips to cover the place where they joined.  I added a length of ivory gros grain ribbon with a flagged end using double sided tape and trimmed to the edge of the card.  The photo is one from a photo calendar made by my sister, Sylvia.  She is a photographer and makes several different photo calendars every year which highlight her best photos of the year.  I trimmed the photo from the calendar page and adhered it a piece of kraft cardstock leaving a bit of room on the right hand side where I added a row of paper piercing using my pattern tracing wheel.  I mounted this focal element to my card front with 3D foam tape and then added the greeting overlapping it a bit.  
An uncle passed away this week and this will be going to his family.  
Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments