Thursday, March 31, 2022

March Card Club - skinny shaker card with bright papers and a layered embellishment

An easy shaker card!!!!  I have made shaker cards in the past and they involve dimensional tape to create an enclosure for the shaker material and making sure that there are no escapees along the way.  I found this design online as I was searching for ideas for Card Club.  It is so much easier and makes a card that is easily mailable as well.  You start with a coordinating card front and background. I would recommend a background paper that is a little heavier.  For those that were only bond weight papers I adhered them to a scrap of light weight cardstock.  I applied double sided tape to all four sides of the back of the background.  Next, I used a  larger piece of clear cellophane and laid my background face down on it and folded the edges to the back on only three sides securing it to the tape.  The fourth side is sealed only closed once you have added your shaker material into the shaker pocket.  I used a variety of sequins for these shaker cards but you can consider glitter, small round beads, confetti, etc. or any combination you like.  We added the torn strip of vellum to our shakers securing the ends to the back with double sided tape before using double sided tape to adhere them to our card fronts.  We layered our embellishments and then mounted them over the vellum using 3D foam tape.  These do not really need greetings but for those who wanted one there was a variety to pick from.  I used two small font greetings on two of mine.  For these embellishments I used scallop circles (SU) layered with glittered flowers and a punched butterfly (SU) with gold cording tied around its middle to simulate a body and antennae.  I look forward to making variations of these in smaller sizes and using different shaker elements.  Therese

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments