Saturday, May 07, 2022

Mother's Day card featuring a layered flower, ribbon and a waxed floral background


 For this card I started with the bright and bold background which I created a while back.  I placed the textured wall paper on a foil covered griddle and drew these fun flowers using wax crayons.  The effect is really wonderful as the wax melts and blends beautifully.  I added a blue pink ribbon to the background before adhering it to my large purple card.  I found the green envelope in my stash and created the flower using the Bloom Beauty (SX) die.  I cut two of the large shapes  - bright pink and wine - and one of each of the two smaller ones - purple and yellow.  I added a sparkly purple brad to hold them all together along with a piece of cardstock.  It was then very easy to insert the cardstock into the envelope and get the flower to stay in place.  I mounted the envelope to my card front with 3D foam tape and then inserted my silver embossed vellum greeting with torn edges just below and adhered with a small piece of double sided tape behind the words over the ribbon.    Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments