Wednesday, August 03, 2022

Large card featuring wax/sanded decorative paper, a train over some ribbon and flagged strips


 Here is the first card I made with my fun papers.  I started with a large blue green card and added a piece of my hand decorated paper in red from the other day.  I added an embossed strip of red cardstock to the front edge and added some marks to the edge with a black fine tip Sharpie to add interest.    I added three little strips of blue green cardstock which had texture and marks made with the Sharpie.  I decided to add ribbon and therefore captured the ends below to half circle of black cardstock on each side which worked very well.  I added my paper pierced (pattern tracing tool) and layered train image (Clipartix) which has a scalloped edge on the bottom cut with decorative scissors which were also paper pierced.  I added an embossed line which I create with my scoring tool.    I added it to my card using 3D foam tape and then tied on a paper button which was sitting on my desk with a short length of ribbon.  Worked perfectly with my design.  Leaving off a greeting so it will be suitable for a variety of occasions.  Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments