Tuesday, February 13, 2024

All occasion cards featuring serendipity heart die cuts layered with gold embossed mesh and hand stitched to ivory paper


 I love the simplicity of these cards and cannot usually get myself to leave it at that.  I had excavated a piece of beautiful ivory paper in my last "looking for something" session which was sitting on my desk.  I was wanting to get some inspiration for a Valentine card so I started with these.  I trimmed out two little rectangles of gold embossed mesh (window screening) which I made a while back which were just what these little red serendipity heart die cuts needed!!  I layered them onto the beautiful textured paper and used my sewing machine without thread to create some holes so I could hand stitch the hearts and mesh to the paper.  I used some red perle thread and did running stitch down and then back up to imitate back stitch.  Worked perfectly and I love how they worked out!!  Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments