Thursday, May 21, 2009

My Art - friend's birthday card

My good friend turned 61 last Friday and here is the card I made for her!! I am sure she had a grand day with her family and friends!!

Embossed the top part with the Floral Motif embossing folder (CB) and added a couple layers below that. Used the SU scallop punch on the pink and then punched 1/16" holes in each scallop and tore the blue layer. Glued them together and sewed them (no thread) to create texture and interest. Added a greeting below that!!

The dragongly is a new to me technique. Heated Pearls!! Very easy to do with a few supplies. Apply white glue to black glossy cardstock with a brush - used a silicone one - and just pounce it around. Add some mica powder ( Pearl ex or Perfect Pearls, etc) and pounce it around to distribute. Once the whole sheet is covered heat with a heat gun. The glue will bubble and dry into an awesome looking decorative paper!!! I used 1-2 tbsp of glue on an 8.5" x 11" cardstock and about 1/2 tsp of Pearl Ex. Totally fun, quick and easy!!

I cut the dragonflies with a Sizzix die in my Cuttlebug. I cut the bodies from some black handmade paper, trimmed them and glued them over the decorative paper in the center to give the dragonfly more definition!!

Totally happy with the way this card and this technique worked out. If you are wanting some black glossy cardstock I have some for sale here:

www.tmalakrsc.blogspot.com

I am sure you could use any glossy paper and maybe even any regular cardstock though it might take a bit more glue because some of it would absorb into the paper. Try it!! I found instructions for the technique on line at

www.splitcoaststampers.com

Have fun!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments