Monday, September 30, 2013

Fall card

Fall is in the air!!!  The warm weather has been wonderful and the trees are showing their colours so I was inspired to make a few fall cards!!
I started with rust cardstock which I stippled (SU) with green ink.  I added a green rectangle and then overlaid a torn piece of decorative paper in fall colours.  I tied a piece of coordinating fiber around the card front, layered a watercoloured image over it and added a greeting.
The decorative paper was created using watercolour and was then embellished with a bit of stamping.  I tore the piece in half and saved the remainder for another card.  Love this little image of a leaf and acorn (Meljen's Designs) which is always fun to watercolour.  My greeting is a combination of a colour printed HAPPY and a stamped BIRTHDAY the result of wanting to use what I had in my stash.
We have spent some time with our grandchildren lately!!  They are grow fast and such cool little people!! I did a bit of crafting with them and spent a lot of time at the park - gotta do it while you can.

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments