Monday, September 30, 2013

Purple butterfly birthday!

I have acquired a new little desk for my sewing machine which means that I can leave it out ready to be used in my craft room!  I will post photos later. Thanks, Loraine!!
I collected all of my layers for this card and started stitching!!  I stitched the watercoloured butterfly image (Meljen's) to the coloured layer, the greeting to the coordinating rectangle, layered it onto the decorative paper (wax resist background) and stitched it to the card front.  I love the look of stitching on paper and it is really fun to do!!  I added a short piece of lace to my image and added  it to my card front using 3D foam tape at a bit of an angle.  It still needed a bit of something so I created a flower using the same lace by basting one edge of a short piece, gathering the lace and tying off the threads.  I used a glue dot to hold it in place.  Happy with how this one came together!!

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments