Saturday, October 24, 2020

Get well card featuring a watering can, a sanded and embossed background and some seambinding

I made this card for my sister in law who had her appendix removed last week!!  She is home and healing but it is always a slow recovery when you get your appendix removed.  
I started with a blue green card, added a watercoloured watering can with flowers.  This image is from image swaps a long while back and was stamped on a hexagon.  I trimmed the edges to make the image sit straight, distressed the edges and added some paper piercing using my pattern tracing wheel.  I embossed a brown white core background and sanded it to reveal the white core then added a little eyelet punched border punch to the bottom.  I fussy cut a chalkboard greeting, punched a hole and slipped it onto a length of green seam binding.  I added the seam binding to my background using double sided tape to secure the ends to the back.  I tied on another short piece using a single knot to simulate a bow and used 3D foam tape to secure my greeting to the card front.  
Therese
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments