Saturday, December 26, 2020

Quilt with my little slow stitched tree squares

I finished this little quilt today.  It has over the last week been left in the sewing machine when I was drawn away by other tasks.  I quilted the top to the polyester batting following both sides of the brown strips and then quilted this layer to my backing following both sides of the beige strips.  I chose a blue polyester cotton fabric for my backing which was wide enough for me to do self binding with it.  The blue draws out the blue of the tree squares and really helps to balance the weight of the dark brown in the quilt top.  I like the offset squares which creates a bit of a stepped look and breaks up the solid colours some.  It measures 38" x 50.5" which is the largest quilt I have made so far.  Went well and I am looking forward to getting one of my other tops started over the holidays.  Maybe the house one being as all the slow stitching is finished on that one.  I still don't have a plan but I will work up something that works.    Therese



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments