Saturday, December 12, 2020

Sympathy card featuring a brayered background, some embossing with the raised areas highlighted with pearl embossing powder

My uncle's mother passed away at 97 a few weeks ago and so I made this card for him and my aunt.  It is never easy to lose a loved one but when they have lived a full and active life it is easier to let them go.  We were able to watch the funeral online. There were only seven people who attended which allowed for a videographer to record the event for those who could not attend in person because of age and the restrictions in place.  It is always amazing to me what some people have done in there lives and I am sure they were simply following their hearts in their every day so we must do the same.  It is encouraging!!!  

For this card I used a brayered background created using a Kaleidacolour ink pad, embossed it with a swirly bird embossing folder (CB) and then touched the raised areas with an embossing ink pad and added a pearly embossing powder.  I did it twice as the coverage the first time was too translucent.  I added a coral organza ribbon and mounted this large element on a gray card.  I layered a little sympathy greeting onto a scalloped oval punchie in gray and added it to the front of my card using 3D foam tape.  Simple and elegant!!  Therese

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments