Wednesday, January 06, 2021

All occasion card featuring a bold background, a watercoloured butterfly and ribbon


 I am making cards to have on hand for gift giving and donating to charity.  I am making the without greetings to make them more versatile. 
For this one I started with an envelope from my stash and made a dark green card to fit inside.  I trimmed a bold and beautiful colour printed background from Morgue File which I printed a while back and then adhered it to my card front.  I trimmed a narrow strip of yellow cardstock, flagged the end and ran my tracing wheel on both long edges before mounting it over the background.  I found the butterfly image (CLKER) in my stash.  I watercoloured it to coordinate with the background, ran my tracing wheel on all four edges and then added coordinating ribbon to two corners - overlapping on one corner and double knotted in the opposite one.  I mounted this image to my card front using 3D foam tape.  
I am enjoying being back to cardmaking!!  With no definite sketch or design I am making one of a kind.      Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments