Monday, February 01, 2021

Birthday card featuring a star collage, a paper pieced background, a stamped greeting and some ribbon

I am having fun with this collage technique!!  For this card I started with a white card which I created to fit a large envelope from my stash.  I dug out my yellow/orange paper scraps and paper pieced a background onto my card front using a few pieces and trimming as needed.  I chose a mottled orange piece and created a star collage on it for my focal element.  I embossed the large star die cuts and glue them in place and then added some medium, small and tiny stars.   Once it was dry I adhered it to my card front over my background using 3D foam tape and went looking for a greeting.  I found this stamped one which worked well.  It has been stamped on a scrap a while back and I thought it would be fun to give it an asymmetrical outline so I just trimmed each side with my trimmer and then added some paper piercing using my pattern tracing wheel.  I added two little blue ribbon ends to the back and then mounted to my card with 3D foam tape.  Love it!!  
Therese
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments