Wednesday, February 10, 2021

STASH SERIES - All occasion card with a fun multicoloured chevron background, blue tags with glittery butterfly cut outs, ribbon and a large butterfly


 This is the sixth and last card in my STASH SERIES!!! Some of the elements for all of the six cards were created at the same time which saves time because all the tools were already out!!  
For this card I started with a large blue card front and added this fun chevron background (colour printed digital).  I dug five blue scraps from my stash and punched butterflies (Martha Stewart) out of them before embossing them with different embossing folders.  Next, I reinserted the butteflies into different tags to provide some contrast and texture.  These ones got a bit of extra sparkle because they had opening in their wings where the tape I used to secure them on the back was visible so I simply applied some beautiful glitter and rubbed it on.  It stuck to the tape which both added another dimension to them and made the tape non sticky!!  I rearranged the tags until I was happy and adhere them to each other using regular tape.  I added a white satin ribbon and tied on a short piece to simulate a bow.  After tucking the ends to the back of the tag element I adhered the whole to my card front.  I used a Sizzix butterfly die to cut my focal element  I used a hand decorated paper for the smaller butterfly and both vellum and white paper for the large butterfly.  This butterfly requires that you fold your paper and lay it on the edge of the die and it cuts both wings at once.  I have both a vellum and paper layer because in the end I found there was not enough contrast with the vellum alone.  I embossed the vellum butterfly, adhered the coloured one to it with double sided tape only in the middle where the body would be.  I tied silver cord with a double knot in the middle which created both a body and the two antennae in one process.  I adhered the white paper one to the back using double sided tape in the center.  I adhered the butterfly to my card front using another piece of double sided tape in the center nicely overlapping my ribbon.  The bit of sparkle from the glitter really adds appeal to this card!!  So happy to have had the chance to try making cards this way and I think I will probably do another series some time in the future using a different sketch!!!  So many possibilities!!            Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments