Tuesday, February 09, 2021

STASH SERIES - All occasion card featuring a floral background, a set of tags with floral die cuts, gray seam binding and a large layered flower


 This is my fifth card in my STASH SERIES!!  I am fond of this colour combination which I why I chose to add this beautiful floral background to the large gray card I created.  I dug six scraps of yellow cardstock from my stash, die cut little flowers from them and embossed them.  I reinserted the flowers in the opening in different tags and secured them with regular tape creating texture and contrast.   I arranged my tags, adhered them to each other using regular tape and added gray seam binding tucking the ends to the back before adhering this large element to my card front which fit just nicely on my card.  I tied on a short piece of the same seam binding to the one on the front using a single knot which nicely simulates a bow.  I used a Sizzix flower die to cut all the pieces for my floral focal element.  I cut two from gray cardstock and the other two from yellow using a bright one for the smallest one which is the center.  I adhere them all to each other after embossing them with the D'vine Swirl embossing folder from Cuttlebug.  I hand cut two large leaves, embossed them with script (Cuttlebug) and adhered them to the back of my flower.  I attached my flower to my card using double sided tape.  I really love how this one turned out!!!!!!!!    Therese 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments