Sunday, March 21, 2021

An all occasion card featuring little heart, a large frame with a little fiber bow

Still working on all occasion cards!!  For this one I started with the little stamped heart - Stampin UP with black Versafine ink on off white cardstock.  I very lightly watercoloured the flowers in the heart with a tiny brush and then added a light blue watercolour wash to the rest of the heart.  I mounted this image behind a large ivory chipboard frame I found in my stash.  I auditioned several papers and found that this one coordinated the best so trimmed out a background and adhered it to a gray card front.  Thinking that it needed a bit of texture I used a needle and threaded through a length of ivory fiber and tied a little bow on the right hand side of the frame.  I did add a tiny dot of white glue so the bow would not undo.  I added 3D foam tape to the back of the frame and adhered it to my embellished card front.  Soft and elegant with a dash of colour!  Perfect!

Therese
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments