Sunday, March 21, 2021

SISTER STASH - Christmas card with fun tree paper, a die cut tree frame and a Merry Christmas greeting

For these next few cards I have switched gears and found a new sheet of decorative paper!!  This is a fun one with lots of colourful trees in every configuration.  
For this card I started with a large blue card, added a full background of the tree paper leaving a small margin all the way around.  I found this die cut tree piece in my stash and auditioned it over my background and discovered that one of the trees showed up really well in the opening.  I sponged the edges with a bit of blue ink and added it to my card front using 3D foam tape.  The edges seemed to get lost a little in the white background so I added two blue strips which I had already textured with my pattern tracing wheel tucking them just slightly under the top and bottom of my tree layer.  That was better!!!  I rescued the Merry Christmas greeting from my stash, added a row of paper piercing on the bottom edge and adhered it just tucked neatly to the bottom edge of the bottom blue strip.  Another card for my sister from her stash of paper crafting supplies.  Therese



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments