Monday, March 08, 2021

Birthday card featuring a vintage blue truck, red corrugated paper and some ribbon


 Working on cards to send to my family in March.  This one features a stamped vintage truck from Class Act Stamps.  I stamped with Black Versafine on white cardstock and used watercolour to create a background for it.  I used a clear glitter gel pen on the hubcabs, bumpers, handles and windows.  I added paper piercing on all four sides with my pattern tracing wheel.  I added a wide black grosgrain ribbon to a piece of red corrugated paper which was trimmed on the sides and cut raggedly on the top and bottom.  Have not used this sort of paper in quite a while and rediscovered my stash - mostly packaging from light bulbs.  I created a large black card to fit in an envelope from my stash and mounted my background - colour printed digital image from Morgue File - leaving a tiny border.  I mounted my focal element to my card and finished it off with a small laser printed font greeting which I colour washed to coordinate.  I also ran my pattern tracing wheel on the top and bottom of edge of the greeting to add some paper pierced texture.    Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments