Monday, May 03, 2021

Birthday card featuring a fabric paper background with fabric candles stitched over it


 My daughter loves to sew and has her own business where she encourages people to be conscious consumers when it comes to clothes.  I decided to incorporate fabric into her birthday card to reflect part of who she is!!  I started with a large envelope from my stash and created a kraft card to fit inside.  I cut my background for a sheet of fabric paper I made a while back.  I dug out a few fabric scraps that coordinated and cut seven little strips for my candles.  A small scrap of light yellow and a darker yellow and I was able to hand cut 7 little flames.  I used light coloured thread to stitch on my candles going around the perimeter a couple of times and pulling the threads to the back.  I layered the darker flames over the light and stitched them with a rust coloured thread.  I used a dark brown thread for the wicks.  I colour washed a stamped greeting, tore the top and bottom edges and then stitched in place using rust thread.  I found inspiration for this card on line at Thirty Hand Made Days.  I really love how it worked out and can certainly see making a few more of these in the future.  
Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments