Sunday, May 09, 2021

Mother's Day card featuring stitched fabric paper background, watercoloured silhouette image and some little ribbon flags

A card for my oldest daughter for Mother's Day.  I appreciate how both of my daughters mother their children though they each do it with their own slant and style. 

I started with a dark brown card that fit in a large envelope from my stash.  I added this fun background of fabric paper which I had stitched in an all over pattern a while back.  I printed this silhouette of wildflowers (Dover) onto white cardstock.  I trimmed it to size and added coordinating watercolour to make an interesting background for the flowers.  I stamped the little greeting (SU) in black (Versafine) near the top, punched top and bottom with the eyelet border punch (SU) and then embossed a line using my score tool.  I added three little red rhinestones on the bottom left and five little ribbon flags to the top right before mounting this large element to my card front using 3D foam tape.  

Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments