Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Birthday card featuring a background made of scrappy strips, a little digital greeting and a layered length of watercoloured candles


 Still working on large cards for the special occasions in my extended family.  This one started with a deep rose card and I created a strippy background for it.  I tore my strips and adhered them to a 5.5" x 8.5" scrap piece of bond paper until it was completely covered.  After it was dry, I trimmed it to size and stitched the edges with rainbow thread which I used on my prayer flags which added more colour and texture to it before adhering it to my card front.  I die cut two scallop borders (SX) from pink cardstock and layered my focal element - a whole row of watercoloured candles (SU)  - with a rectangle of green cardstock.  I had already added two rows of paper piercing to it to add texture.  I layered the borders to the top and bottom of the green rectangle and added paper piercing to the scallops with a push pin.  I added a little laser printed digital greeting (Desert Diva- digital) which also was embellished with paper piercing using my pattern tracing wheel to the upper edge and then mounted this large element to my card front with 3D foam tape. Pink and green - my favorite colour combination!!!!!  Love how this one turned out!!
Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments