Monday, July 05, 2021

Birthday card featuring a collaged background, fabric lace and ribbon and a long row of watercoloured candles


 Another card for July birthdays!!  I started with a large coral rose card and created a collaged strips background that coordinated.  The strips were gleaned from my little stash of decorative papers which were sitting on my desk from a previous cardmaking session.  I tore the paper into strips and adhered them side by side on a piece of 5.5" x 8.5" of scrap bond.  Once it was dry, I trimmed it to size.  To give some soft texture I handstitched two lengths of off white lace to each other on their straight edges and adhered them to my background securing the ends on the back using double sided tape then added a shimmery ribbon across the stitching also securing the ends to the back with double sided. tape.  I had chosen this length of stamped candles as my focal point so I watercoloured them to coordinate and finished off the flames with some clear glitter.  I added a row of paper piercing on the top and bottom of this layer and then adhered it to my card using double sided tape and glue.  I did tuck the little font greeting (laser printed) in before pressing the card.  It has a row of paper piercing too.    Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments