Monday, September 20, 2021

A set of cards as a gift with decorative paper backgrounds and coordinating butterflies

I made this set of cards as a gift.  I used white card bases, added a variety of backgrounds using decorative papers and then stamped this butterfly image in a coordinating colour on white as the focal element.    The first one has a full size purple background with a sanded purple stripe of white core paper. I mounted the butterfly image (SU) which I fussy cut after it was dry to my card using 3D foam tape.  The second one has three layers of this fun green paper with a little stripe of blue in between on a white card basse.  The butterfly was stamped in Ochre, fussy cut and mounted with 3D foam tape.  The third one is very much the same except in purple!!  The next one has a piece background with the butterfly layered onto yellow.  I embossed a line with my score tool, used the scallop border punch (SU) next and then used a 1/16" punch to punch holes in the scallops. Mounted it to my card with 3D foam tape.  The next one has a full background of green with white polka dots to which I added a length of white vintag seam binding and then tied on a short length to simulate a bow.  After adhering the background to the card I added the butterfly using 3D foam tape. For my last card I trimmed a piece of decorative paper a bit smaller than my card into four and adhered them neatly spaced on my white card front.  I stamped the butterfly, fussy cut its edges and then adhered it to a yellow layer which had distressed edges.  This element was adhered to my card front using 3D foam tape.  Happy with how all of these turned out.  It was quick and easy to choose one set of design elements and then change up the colours and embellishments to make them all unique.  Therese


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments