Monday, September 20, 2021

Care bear quilt top


 I worked most of the day yesterday and managed to get this care bear quilt top finished.  I had only pieces to work with so I made sure all of them were standing up and then added pieces where necessary.  I had one long strip and the goal was to make the  pieces into strips of the same lenght so that no Care Bears had to be sacrificed to the trimming of this top.  I ended up not needing to add to the right hand side row - the pieces as they were cut were long enough so I created some strips of white cotton coated with fusible webbing and joined the pieces as they were.  I found some pink seam binding which was just the right width once opend to cover the front an make the joint secure.  I had two in this piece.  On the left hand one I had to add two strips of yellow to make two of the pieces wide enough and again there was no extra fabric for the seams so I applied the same treatment.    Next, I did up both of the left hand pieces joining the bottom two and then the top two.  I had just enough of the yellow fabric to fill in the middle section of both of these strips so I used the same techinque to join these pieces into two strips.  I used white seam binding because I did not have any more pink.  It trimmed out pretty good. I had measured and sewed carefully to ensure the best results in getting the ends to align.  It is not perfect but no care bears had to be sacrificed!!!  I will be slow stitching some hearts in the yellow strips before adding batting, backing and binding.  Pretty happy with how it worked out.  
Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments