Monday, December 13, 2021

Brown embroidered quilt

I worked on the top for this quilt (48" x 35") a week ago and managed to finish it this weekend.  The center is two embroidered pillow shams sewn together in the center and to add the length I needed I added a green/coral border on each end using scraps of upholstery fabric.  The batting is a flannel sheet and for the backing I used a floral fabric with a brown background.  I stitched the batting to the front and then added the backing which I simply folded over on the edges to make the bindng as well.  I added some horizontal lines to the end pieces and then about five more through the dark brown section of the quilt.  Not too much puckering on this one.  I used a plastic foot on my machine and it seems better for letting the top and bottom fabric move together.  Another one ready to go!!    Therese
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments