Sunday, August 14, 2022

Slow Stitching - red apples


I have been working on these for the last two months off and on and managed to finish off the fourth one today!!  I really like how they look!!!  I have two more to finish and then they will be ready to be added to a project - bags or a quilt!!

I am joining Kathy at Kathy Quilts for her Sunday Slow Stitching.  Always lots of fun projects to check out on Sunday on her site. 

I stitched a gray strip of cotton to a piece printed white for each of these.  I drew a pattern by hand and cut it out.  I cut six of them from different red fabrics from my scraps.  I have slow stitched them with running/stab stitches in various colours of red for the first three.  The last on the right/bottom was stitched in yellow along the gold printing on the fabric which gives it a cool look.  I drew the stems in and then stitched them.  I made them all a bit different as I was experimenting with using several different kinds of stitching to fill them in.  The leaves were hand cut and stitched into place next to the stems.  Therese




 

1 comment:

Please leave your comments