Sunday, April 28, 2024

Sewing - picnic placemat in blue plaid and gray with a zippered pocket

Another picnic placemat!!!!!  I am enjoying the process!!  Again I upcycled a zipper and the backing is also an upcycled pant leg.  Again, these are precut squares I acquired and squaring them changed their dimensions and therefore created a bit of an unmatched pattern.  I do like that the seams do not align which gives much fewer bumpy seams.  For this one I laid the front and back good sides facing and stitched all the way around leaving the zipper open a bit so I could turn it inside out.  I stitched to the left of the zipper to create the pocket and then did the top stitching all the way around.  I did add several other lines of stitching to quilt the placemat.  The ties were a little heavy so I cut the length into two instead of just folding it over and including it in the seam.  Side by side they were much more manageable and they still work very well to tie the placemat once it is rolled up.  Therese


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments