Saturday, April 27, 2024

Sewing - three flip top pouches for packaging the fabric tea cup coasters

I made  Flip Top pouches to package the two sets of fabric coasters I made this week.  I started with the black and red one without realizing that the bird would be on the front and upside down!!!!  Had I reversed that panel the bird would have been on the back and maybe even upside right.  I will have to go back to my instructions and leave myself a note to double check my fabric for next time.  I used nice bright fabrics and added coordinating solid poly cotton for the linings.  These stitch up quickly once  you have cut your rectangles.  I did  have to adjust my numbers to make a pouch big enough to accommodate the coasters and got it on my first try which was good - except for the bird!!  I will add two tea related cards and hand them over to the Spring Tea coordinator.  Loving these little flip top pouches for neatly wrapping a gift which is also a gift.  You can check out my first posting for the flip top pouch which has the link to the tutorial I used the first time.  Therese
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments